SLOOP M4 questions, placement... :)

Répondre
Stifa
Timide
Timide

SLOOP M4 questions, placement... :)

Message par Stifa »

Hi everybody :),

As you may have guessed I am not french and I dont speak french, I understand a little but not much.
It is super that you guys have Cabasse forum.
I got these Cabasse Sloop M4 speakers to go with my Pass Firstwatt F5 amp and tube preamp... and because I have to change my preamp , what do you think it is the best for these speakers?
Also, my room is 3x6 meters and speakers are on the 3 meter wall, and don't know if I can put them in corners...what is the best placement for a small room like mine?
I have some not very good stands...and I have noticed that the bass is sometimes out of control, weak but resonant..kind of boomy but not exactly... What is the best height of stands?

Sorry for too many questions , I just got these :amour:

Cheers

Stifa
Timide
Timide

Re: SLOOP M4 questions, placement... :)

Message par Stifa »

:biere: anyone? :)

merle
Causant
Causant

Message par merle »

Hi stifa,
and welcome on the Cabasse forum.
Congratulations. The Sloop are excellent speakers. Very straightforward and easy to set up. Their placement will depend of your room and furniture. The Sloop really do bass, so I don't recommend to put them in the corners. You can have a try though.
Mine are about about a meter away from side and rear walls, they rest on stands 50cm high. Those have to be stiff and heavy ones. I think this can be a source of your bass problems.
I use concrete bricks (... yes, the ones you can find in garden stores) strucked between two 22mm MDF sheets. I still have to fill the bricks with sand or expansive foam. Stands height has been determined by careful listening and 50cm was what seemed to me the best.
Have a look there http://www.forumcabasse.org/wiki/Notice ... A9rations).

Although easier to set up than some other, they are really Top-Notch speakers and deserve the best.

I don't really have oportunity to listen to different amps, but I'm really happy with Krell KRC2 preamp. I plan to build a PWM (Tripath) power amp to replace my Yamaha MX50. It can sound a little cold.
Maybe others can help you on this aspect.

pecheur1958
Membre d'honneur

Message par pecheur1958 »

Hello! You should have about 2 meters 2mètres50 between pregnant and away as possible from the side walls ... The listening position between 3 and 3 meters 50.Par the wall behind the speakers between 30 and 50 centimeters media speaker ideally should make 30 to 35 cm high. That's all for now ...

merle
Causant
Causant

Message par merle »

pecheur1958 a écrit :pregnant
:shock:

pecheur1958
Membre d'honneur

Ne me dis pas merci ! C'est grâce à Google traduction....Parce que JJ et l'anglais, bonjour !

merle
Causant
Causant

Message par merle »

coucou pêch!
eh oui, ça veut bien dire "enceinte", mais pas dans le sens où on l'entend (!) nous...
:mrgreen:

pecheur1958
Membre d'honneur

Tu veux dire attendre un heureux évènement ?

reglisse
Membre d'honneur

Message par reglisse »

merle a écrit :
pecheur1958 a écrit :pregnant
:shock:
:-D :-D :-D

Pregnant -> for woman

pecheur1958
Membre d'honneur

Reglisse au lieu de rigoler comme une baleine t'as qu'à lui donner des conseils toi...Monsieur +1...

Stifa
Timide
Timide

Message par Stifa »

Thanks, I will try all that..

What about the overall sound of these speakers...with current system mid-frequencies seem a bit pushed forward...and I am changing my pre-amp to solve that...
What would you describe the sound on your system and compare it to something else you heard?
My previosu speaker was Spendor SP1 and I don't know what to expect of Sloop yet :)
:::terroir

Stifa
Timide
Timide

Message par Stifa »

merle a écrit :Hi stifa,
and welcome on the Cabasse forum.
Congratulations. The Sloop are excellent speakers. Very straightforward and easy to set up. Their placement will depend of your room and furniture. The Sloop really do bass, so I don't recommend to put them in the corners. You can have a try though.
Mine are about about a meter away from side and rear walls, they rest on stands 50cm high. Those have to be stiff and heavy ones. I think this can be a source of your bass problems.
I use concrete bricks (... yes, the ones you can find in garden stores) strucked between two 22mm MDF sheets. I still have to fill the bricks with sand or expansive foam. Stands height has been determined by careful listening and 50cm was what seemed to me the best.
Have a look there http://www.forumcabasse.org/wiki/Notice ... A9rations).

Although easier to set up than some other, they are really Top-Notch speakers and deserve the best.

I don't really have oportunity to listen to different amps, but I'm really happy with Krell KRC2 preamp. I plan to build a PWM (Tripath) power amp to replace my Yamaha MX50. It can sound a little cold.
Maybe others can help you on this aspect.
The link doesn't work, could you explain how you built your stands and maybe a photo?
Thanks

pecheur1958
Membre d'honneur

Répondre