For BAHIA owners

MT3, MT30, MT4, MT40, 22x, 30x, 35x, 40x, PHI, Alcyone, Eole, Bahia, ...
Répondre
acheo
Timide
Timide

For BAHIA owners

Message par acheo »

Dear all,

nice to meet you all, this is my 1st time on this forum.
I apologize for english, but my knowledge of french is bad, for the moment at least.
I'm italian and I own (very satisfied) a pair of CAbasse Bahia, which I drive with a CAyin H80A hybrid amplifier, Cayin 153 CDP (modified in output stage: no op-apms and coupled in DC), RS interconnection (silver) cables and Audionova solaris speaker cable (Ag +Cu).My Listening room is moderately absorbent (25 m^2).
Speakers are 80 cm from the back wall, 50 side, 230 within them and 260 is the listening point.

I found this loudspeakers (by the way, why they went out of production so quickly ? after only 4 years ??) superb in their build quality, transparence, scene reconstruction.

1) I found (very) minor defects in the low bass weakness (50-70 Hz) and some non-linearity in the very high frequency range.
Is this also your experience ? do you think that could be changed by playing with warmer speaker cables (e.g. Cu ?)
2) does somebody has the scheme or photos of the crossover ? I' ve read many reviews in french/english , but nothing on cross over.

MAny thanks in advance for your attention (if you prefer to answer in french, if not too complex, I can read!) , regards

Silvio

pecheur1958
Membre d'honneur

Re: For BAHIA owners

Message par pecheur1958 »

Hi, friend Cabassi Italian!
I think you should bring the speakers closer to the back wall, that way the bass will be more generous ...
The use of cables made of copper is a very good idea
money often tend to favor a little gloss in the medium-high

Crash
Administrateur technique
Administrateur technique

Message par Crash »

Dear Acheo,

Welcome !
Please have a look here :
http://www.forumcabasse.org/wiki/Notice ... 02#Anglais

You'll find some useful informations about placement.

Regards

acheo
Timide
Timide

Message par acheo »

Dear friends,

thanks a lot for your welcome and the kind answers.

I hope for anymore suggestions.

best regards

Silvio

Répondre