New foam to 30BZ18

Besoin d'aide, aborder des points précis, etc.
Répondre
drota
Timide
Timide

New foam to 30BZ18

Message par drota »

Hello
Hopefully you will be able to help me with this question. I bought a couple of second hand Cabasse clipper 312 m2 here in sweden. I have wanted a couple of older Cabasse for quite some time and they are not that common on the second hand market here in Sweden

I got them for around 250 euros. But the reason was that his cats had made small holes on the foam, around 15-25 on each woofer. They are 1-3 mm. The cones are just as new. and the other stuff is just like new. The foam that is on them now is grey

My question is where can I find new foam to the 30BZ18. What shall I use. Can I use a pair stock 12" foam? Any info is gratefully appreciated.

I am looking through the forum as much as I can with the help of google-translator since my french is not the best.

Hope everything is fine
Greetings from a sunny Sweden
// Andreas

syber
Intarissable
Intarissable

Re: New foam to 30BZ18

Message par syber »

Hello,

You easily can find refoam kit* (or refoam set) on eBay. But be sure before to refoam your HP that it needs it. I mean, be sure the HP sounds bad vs a good one. My lovely cat made some small holes too into the foam of my Clipper. So ... I continued to listen them for two decades with the holes without notice a slight difference of sound !

Actually, most of the time, the real problem is an aesthetic disadvantage ! :wink:

* I don't remember if we have had on this forum, any feedback on their use.

Répondre